The BEST Shops to Find Tall Junior Clothing!

You can still find cute clothes for younger girls when you are tall.

alloy-jeans

For all young ladies out there looking for tall junior clothing, I’ve put together a list of the best shops that carry clothing for girls in tall sizes. It may seem like it’s hard to find, or that the only clothing for tall women is geared toward the older generation.

However, there’s lots of clothes out there appropriate for tall teenagers and younger women too if you know where to look!

Here’s a few stores that carry clothes geared toward teenagers and young women:

Alloy

Excellent clothing source for tall juniors! They have a tall shop on their website that features longer inseams (35” and 37”) and extended length maxi dresses. Great selection of dress pants, jeans and lounge/yoga pants! Sizes 0-25.

Check out my personal Alloy reviews:

Delia’s

They don’t specialize in tall sizing, but they do carry a wide selection of extended length jeans from super skinny to flare. Long inseams in 34”, 36”, and 37”. Offers sizes 00-19/20.

Check out my personal Delia’s reviews:

Old Navy

They have a specialty tall shop on their website (exclusively online) and have a huge selection that’s suprisingly affordable. They have everything from jeans and sweatshirts to dresses and PJ pants!

Check out my personal Old Navy reviews:

Maurices

Cute trendy clothes for teens and young women. Carry extra long inseams up to 37” on their website. Long inseams (34”) are available in select styles in their stores.

They also offer plus sizes from 14-28, with long inseams in 34” and 36” in select styles.

Check out my personal Maurices reviews:

Target

Target has a really nice selection of junior clothing. Carry pants with longer inseams and longer tanks, shirts and tunics. Find shorts, capris and swimwear for summer as well!

—> Find their official site right here.

Torrid

While I have already mentioned them in my plus size shopping list, I felt they were appropriate to list here as well considering their clothes are geared toward younger girls.

They offer long lengths in 34” and 36”, and sizes 12-32.

—-> Shop Torrid online here.

Pay attention to the size charts available on each website.

While most of these shops use regular women’s sizing, Alloy and Delia’s carry junior sizes. If you are unsure what size you wear in juniors, pay attention to the size charts available on their websites. (Standard sizing does not exist and varies between manufacturer.) However, generally speaking, you’d wear a size up in juniors–for example, if you’re a women’s size 10, you’d wear a junior’s 11.

Check out all of their websites and have fun shopping!

Comments

1. says

All of these shops are great for tall girls. We just wrote a guide to shopping on a limited budget that you may like over at Tall Snob.

2. Jennifer says

These are all great for Women and teenagers. Unfortunately there is still nothing out there for mothers of very young very tall and skinny girls who don’t want their 9 year olds to dress like 13 year olds. It seems all of the childrens clothing stores sizes end when your child reaches 62inches tall. Oh well. I will keep looking. And I guess she will keep growing.

• Wendy says

Hey Jennifer, when I was 9 I was already 5’7 and had to wear adult clothes! How tall is your daughter? I think I just always dressed in baggy t-shirts and stretchy pants or shorts. .. I wasn’t very fashionable, haha. It’s unfortunately just that awkward stage when you’re too big for kid clothes but not ready for teenage clothes, but good thing it’s only a phase! It seems as though they’re trying to make childrens clothing more and more like teenage clothing these days anyway… when I look in a children’s clothing shop or see the way some young kids dressed I’m honestly amazed at what they’re wearing!

• Maurya Munns says

I found some clothing at Kohl’s and JCPenney that were appropriate for younger girls that fit taller girls. for awhile the only thing Penney’s had for girls was only appropriate for a strip club I’m glad to say their buyer’s finally caught on that not very mother wants to dress their daughters like that.

• Wendy says

Yeah, I totally understand. Some of the juniors clothes out there are ridiculous. I’ve seen fish net shirts, leggings, super short shorts and skirts, etc all for like 12/13 year old girls… Glad you were able to locate more appropirate clothing for her.

• Maddie says

Hi Jennifer, you might want to check out Old Navy Kids or Gap Kids. They have slim sizes up to size 14 or 16, which might be long enough for your daughter. Good luck!

3. In a dress dilemma says

Do you know of any stores that are good for dresses? I’m 5′ 10.5″ 14yr old with a long torso and legs and looking for a dress that mom will approve the length of for more formal events. Thanks!

• Kathleen says

Dress barn on line shows the height of the model wearing each dress, my daughter,who just turned 15 found her homecoming dress there, shown on a 5’10” model, we were then able to go to the store and check it out on in person knowing that it would be long enough.

4. says

Hi Wendy,
    I’ m visiting Manhattan from the UK with my 15 year old daughter who is over 6ft tall. Do you know of any clothes shops in Manhattan that stock tall sizes. She gets really bored of having to buy everything on the internet and missing out on the fun of shopping.
    Caroline

5. Jennie says

My daughter is just 13 years old and already 5’10”. She has always been tall and was two feet long when she was born (59cm). She now has size 11 (UK) feet and I’m really struggling to find footwear for her of an appropriate style for someone so young. I’m assuming the shops you have listed are American? I’ve heard of Target when I’ve watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition and don’t recognise any other shop names! Does anyone have any suggestions on footwear? I can’t work out what size she would be in American footwear and to get bespoke shoes is ridiculously expensive – we’re talking at least £1000. It’s just soul-destroying.

• Sarah says

Check out Payless for women’s shoes… they go up to size 14 US women’s (which I believe would be size 12 UK?). Also 6pm.com

6. Valerie Welty says

My daughter if 15 yrs. old and is 6’3″. It’s so hard to find anything in dresses that fit … and the ones that do fit, she feels she looks like a “working woman” . She wants to dress like a teenager but we can not find much of anything that is long enough and “teen” enough for her. Just spent time at Maurices/Dillards (in the women’s section) and was not successful. Any other suggestions?

7. Kathryn says

I am a 60 year old 6’1″ 180lb who is needing clothes but finding it difficult to find the lengths. Everything is geared up for the “younger” generations. I mean I don’t mind trying to look younger but it just doesn’t always look right on an older person you know what I mean? I think that they forget that there Is an Older Generation out there that Needs Tall clothes too.

8. KAren says

My daughter is 11 yrs. old, 5′ 6″ and a size 1. From under her arms (armpit) all the way to her feet she is straight up and down. No hips, no bottom, just all legs and long torso! I am having the hardest time locating age appropriate clothing that fits in length and waist. I have tried all of the above links and been to a few shops. I am at a loss for where to go!