It’s frustrating trying to shop for clothes as a taller girl. The internet is a great place for finding clothes, but online shopping isn’t always an option. Besides, it’s fun to go into actual stores and try things on before you buy them, and it makes the buying process a lot easier. That’s why I came up with a list of shopping tips for tall girls. These are things I look for when I go shopping at regular clothing stores.
You can still find clothing that fits if you know what to look for.
- Look for leggings or skinny jeans. They are supposed to sit tight around the ankle, so a lot of times the length is less of an issue. If usually the long length isn’t long enough, it very well may be in these styles of pants. Try them on to see if they work for you.
- Find open chest tops–such as scoop neck, v-neck or button up shirts. Cowl neck styles or any type of wider neckline are also flattering for taller women. Stick with tanks, t-shirts and three quarter length shirts if sleeve length is an issue.
- You can try looking in the plus size department. A lot of the trendier plus size shops carry shirts that are much longer in length. If you are really skinny, this might not be a good option for you–but otherwise you can have it tailored to fit around the middle. If you’re already plus sized, it could be a lot easier for you to find tops.
- Tunics and long tanks are really popular these days, and you can find them in many stores. These are great pieces to look for since they will usually be long enough.
- Crops and capri pants are good things to look for since they are already supposed to be short.
- If you have trouble finding shoes that fit, look for flip flops or sandals. They usually carry them in up to size 11 at most stores, and they carry tons of styles. I find that I can wear an 11 in flip flops even though I normally need my shoes to be a 12 wide.
- Medium length skirts, such as pencil skirts, are great and you can find them in regular stores. Opt for slightly longer versions so they’ll look normal on your taller frame.
- You can always look for accessories. Thick belts and fashion scarves are good for tall gals, as well as bold pieces like large hoop earrings or chunky necklaces.
Always try clothes on if you have the chance!
You never know how something will fit by just looking at it! Trying on more types of clothes in stores will help give you a better idea how certain styles fit you, thus making it much easier when it comes to online shopping since you’ll have a better idea how different types of clothes fit your body.
These are just some ideas to help taller women when it comes to shopping at regular stores. It’s not always easy to find specialty tall shops outside of the internet. (It’s actually near impossible). But all hope is not lost—-keep these tips in mind the next time you go shopping and you may be surprised as to what you can find!